Brightspot Climate Inc. (Brightspot) is an accredited greenhouse gas verification body by the Standards Council of Canada. This accreditation permits Brightspot to complete verifications of Organization Level and Project Level greenhouse gas statements in the following sectors:
Group 1 – Organization Level Verification
• Sector 2: General Manufacturing
• Sector 3.1: Power Generation and Electric Power Transactions: Power Generation
• Sector 4: Mining & Mineral Production
• Sector 6: Chemical Production
• Sector 7: Oil and Gas Extraction, Production, and Refining, Including Petrochemicals
Group 3 – Project Level Verification
• Sector A1: GHG Emission Reductions from Fuel Combustion: Renewable Energy Production
• Sector A2: GHG Emission Reductions from Fuel Combustion: Energy Efficiency Improvements
• Sector B: GHG Emission Reductions from Industrial Processes (Non-combustion, Chemical Reaction, Chemical Fugitive Emissions, Flare & Venting From Oil, and Other)
• Sector C: GHG Emission Reductions and Removals from Agriculture, Forestry & Other Land Use (AFOLU)
• Sector D: Carbon Capture and Storage
• Sector E: GHG Emissions From Livestock
• Sector F: Decomposition of Waste Material, Handling and Disposal
Greenhouse Gas Programs
Brightspot provides greenhouse gas verification services for the following greenhouse gas programs:
- Alberta’s Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction Regulation (industrial facilities and Alberta’s Offset Program)
- British Columbia’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting Regulation
- Canada’s Output-Based Pricing System (OBPS) Regulation
- Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 14/17
- Nova Scotia’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Regulations
- Saskatchewan Management and Reduction of Greenhouse Gases Regulations
None of the GHG programs under which Brightspot provides verification services excludes the requirements of ISO 14065, 14066, or 17029.
Commitment to Impartiality
Brightspot Climate Inc. understands the importance of impartiality and is committed to conducting its verification services in an impartial and transparent manner, free of conflicts of interest to ensure objectivity. To this end, Brightspot conducts internal reviews to prevent acceptance of any engagement that may create a threat to impartiality or a perceived or actual conflict of interest and does not permit commercial, financial, or other pressures to compromise impartiality. Brightspot encourages feedback from any party, client, stakeholder, or member of the public regarding any matter that may be construed as a threat to Brightspot’s impartiality in provision of its services.
Use of Verification Statement
Brightspot requires that any verification statement or report made publicly available by the client must be communicated in its entirety. This requirement is intended to ensure use of the verification statement, report, or report of factual findings does not mislead intended users.
Complaints and Appeals
Information about Brightspot’s process for evaluating complaints regarding a verification or an appeal of a verification opinion is available here.
Contact email@example.com with any questions or comments.